jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why whey protein is important for the people who are in body building...?

1. beckhamdavid profile image56
    beckhamdavidposted 6 years ago

2. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

Hello David Beckham, usually Bodybuiders need to eat more protien than normal atheletes to hold Muscle Size etc, can't answer the question why whey protien because I have never used it.

In my opinion as a Dietition proper food cannot be replaced by any form of powdered protien, Egg Whites, Boiled Turkey Pieces and I know it sounds disgusting but a large tin of Tuna fish blended with a Diet Coke, gives 50 grams of protien and costs a third of Whey......When a Body Builder needs to eat 800 grams of protien a day, before a show for example......Tuna and Diet Coke are the cheapest way.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

MP50.

3. MosLadder profile image87
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

Whey protein is considered a complete, high quality protein. It is quickly and easily digested by the body, which is why it is popular among bodybuilders. The faster the whey gets absorbed, the faster it can start synthesizing proteins and of course, the faster you will see results.

4. fit2day profile image80
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

Many of the guys I've seen using whey protein put on more fat than muscle. It's important to get quality protein from eating a properly balanced diet. If you eat the right foods, you don't need extra protein. Most people get enough protein in their diets, but the important thing is quality not quantity. Many whey protein powders are full of artificial additives and just plain junk the body doesn't need.

5. profile image52
    Bob Heldposted 6 years ago

Whey is  not only a good protein, but it is low in carbohydrates.  Carbohydrates break down to sugar, too much of which is unhealthy.

6. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

The most important aspect is that it can be quickly digested, which makes it great for pre and post workout. During exercise, your muscle fibers tear and protein is required to rebuild them. It is important to note that protein powder in no way supplements your entire protein intake. The majority must come from high quality food sources; poultrey, tuna, eggs, etc. However, these take a while for the body to process, so powder is great for getting the recovery/building process started. Most will also drink Casein protein before bed as it is slow-digesting and provides a near constant source of protein while we are comatose in dream land.

7. nicolaroberts profile image56
    nicolarobertsposted 6 years ago

Whey protein is a complete protein and high quality. It is so popular with bodybuilders can be quickly and easily by the body, which is ' sindermik. Rapid synthesis of whey protein, absorbs quickly and, of course, you will see the results faster than you can.

"www.primofit.co.uk/Protein_Powders"

working