jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is/are a/some good suplement(s) to use for body building?

1. profile image47
    Legac3eposted 6 years ago

What is/are a/some good suplement(s) to use for body building?

I am just starting to body build, im 14 allmost 15 years old I bench 120 pounds and I weigh 100. I'm trying to get an edge on getting that benching number as well as others higher and i'm trying to find some good supplements to do just that. I just bought a tub of Jack3d and saw your post and thought I would ask what you would reccommend to a new-user of pre-workout supplements, if it even matters weather or not im new or not, but what are some good ones from your exsperiance to use? Thanks!

2. nursingmania profile image58
    nursingmaniaposted 6 years ago

Take Vitamin E and try to notice the persperation that would come out compare when you are not yet taking Vit.

3. jdavis88 profile image93
    jdavis88posted 6 years ago

For your age/size it would probably be best to begin with some simple proteins.  Use of creatine and other products will not give you as much growth to your tendons and could cause you some risk for certain injuries. 

As far as bulking up and adding more bench strength, really increase your protein intake and make sure you are using a bench routine that is focused on adding strength and size.

4. rcrm89 profile image60
    rcrm89posted 6 years ago

Supplements aren't essential.

Protein powder shakes can be useful as it is easy to store consume at school, but not essential if you are getting good quality protein from other sources like meat, eggs and dairy.

Creatine is an effective supplement that has plenty of scientific research to back it up. Still if you are new to weight training it won't add much.

Apart from that multivitamin and fish oil for general health.

5. 10in30 profile image37
    10in30posted 6 years ago

Ok, for sure, the number one, hands down, supplement to take is (drum roll please) whey protein after a workout. (enthusiastic clapping)

Your muscles are in need of protein after a hard workout and drinking a protein shake will deliver that quickly. You should have some kind of simple carb to help send the protein to your muscles so have a banana, white bread, or you can have a cup of juice after the shake.

My other absolute favorites: BCAA'S, creatine, multivitamin

6. profile image47
    George_Allenposted 6 years ago

Whey protein is the best supplement for our body building....For more detail on whey protein please visit - http://www.primofit.co.uk/Protein_Powders