jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How to overcome boredom???

1. snehasaha profile image60
    snehasahaposted 6 years ago

How to overcome boredom???

ever felt bored to the limit that you want to do nothing, just sit and get bored. what did you do to over come this boredom?

2. VolvoInfotech profile image68
    VolvoInfotechposted 6 years ago

best thing I would suggest if you really have nothing then go in your memories you will never get bore.

usually I do something on net or I recall my memories

3. snehasaha profile image60
    snehasahaposted 6 years ago

talk to some one you love or search the net with things you are passionate about. these two things will never let you feel bored.

4. micadeolu profile image47
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

In my own opinion I will sing holy hymns and songs or listen one that is filled with the spirit. I will also speak to the Lord via His Oracle which He gave to me for my spiritual edification. If you'd like to have a share in this call me. +2348182185258

5. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Read a book, take a nap, listen to music.

6. Debra Verville profile image61
    Debra Vervilleposted 6 years ago

I read about things that interest me and then write about it.

7. Cara.R profile image77
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

I have felt boredom and I over come it by accepting it. It's my brains way of rebooting. Nothing is interesting, don't know if you want to go out or stay in. Nothing seems satisfying enough. Not even chores. If you can't accept boredom it becomes more annoying,  so far no one I know has the fool proof answer on how to get rid of it. But it is fleeting and then everything is interesting again, even though it always was.

8. ruthclark3 profile image73
    ruthclark3posted 6 years ago

Someone once told me that "boredom is a state of mind" and I am the only one who can change that.  It's true.  I can't remember the last time I was bored.  I enjoy my own company, am comfortable with myself as well as others, and sometimes I just like to visit with me.  I don't call it boredom, though.  I call it re-charging my batteries.

As one answer said, "Accept it."  I would go farther and say accept and embrace it - own it - make it yours.  Before you know it, you have this inner dialogue going about boredom and you're smiling, because you are no longer bored!

I also read a lot and have a book handy at all times.  I sew, quilt, design quilts, write (for myself) and facebook with my family.  There aren't enough hours in the day for me to get bored. 

I remember when I didn't have a cell phone, computer, and many other gadgets that I take for granted now.  I haunted the public library, where I discovered treasures, both in written form and in the form of friendships with like-minded people.

9. charmgirl profile image60
    charmgirlposted 6 years ago

Read, listen to music, play with my cats and dogs.

10. athena2011 profile image56
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I am never bored really. I am okay spending time with myself, watching TV, listening to music, brushing my dog, going for a walk and many other things that I like doing.

There are so many things that I enjoy doing that If I ever felt boredom setting in I would choose one of them and that would be the end of it.

11. rookie57 profile image60
    rookie57posted 6 years ago

You need to get yourself some hobbies. What do you love to do? Sing, draw, write...rock climbing... who knows... A person who has hobbies is never bored smile

working