jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How Do You Feel About Naturopathy?

1. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

How Do You Feel About Naturopathy?

According to the University of Maryland Medical System, naturopathy, or naturopathic medicine, is a system of medicine based on the healing power of nature.

Naturopathy is a holistic system, meaning that naturopathic doctors (N.D.s) or naturopathic medical doctors (N.M.D.s) strive to find the cause of disease by understanding the body, mind, and spirit of the person.

2. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I think Naturapathy is fantastic. I believe that God has given us everything we need in nature, to help our bodies heal themselves.

Big Pharma ( the pharmaceutical companies) would disagree for sure. but that's because they make billions of dollars off us by feeding us toxic chemicals that cause harmful side effects. including death.

Can you tell I'm passionate about this subject?

1. artist101 profile image69
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am too. It saved my life.

3. shea duane profile image60
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

I turn to natural sources of health and healing first... if I have to, I go to a medical doctor. Lucky for me, I have a good doctor.

4. rajan jolly profile image90
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Nature has provided everything to heal us if we care to follow a natural diet and outr instincts. This can be seen in animals. A sick animal will lay off food for some time and having a digestive problem will go for grass which is instinctive. These are just 2 examples.
    Our body is self healing. I am a staunch advocate of natural foods for healing.My hubs here show it. I believe if we eat healthyand naturally we might not feel the need to take medicine for a long long time.

5. fit2day profile image73
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I'm not completely opposed to conventional medicine, but I believe natural medicine should be the first step to treating any sickness. The good thing a about holistic approach is that it focuses on the person, not the sickness. Just blindly prescribing medicine is what keeps people sick and keeps them spending money on healthcare.

There's too much red tape and too much money being made to focus on healing. As a society, we've gotten far away from nature in what we put in and on our bodies, so the idea that we need to get further away in treating our bodies is a little insane.  I'm a firm believer in natural medicine, because I've used it myself. I used to always get bad colds this time of year and thanks to the use of ginger, honey, and other remedies, I never use cough medicine and am much healthier.

6. DanielNeff profile image61
    DanielNeffposted 6 years ago

I swear by it.
    I had cancer 12 years ago, and I was basically given a death sentence. I turned to nutrition and here I am, alive and well.
    I wrote a book about my experience. You can find more information in my profile.