jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you let loose over the festive season?

1. musclequest profile image71
    musclequestposted 6 years ago

Do you let loose over the festive season?

Whether your doing sport,bodybuilding or any other activity do you still train and stick to your diet over the festive season....or is that next years problems?with all the good food,alcohol and closing of gyms and facilities.how do you cope with this...if you are dieting how do you manage to stick to over this period?

2. stars439 profile image74
    stars439posted 6 years ago

I like festive seasons. My family and I often go to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Thank you. Merry Christmass.

3. musclequest profile image71
    musclequestposted 6 years ago

Merry christmas...I too enjoy this time of the year and often over indulge

4. Dr Bill Tollefson profile image83
    Dr Bill Tollefsonposted 6 years ago

Merry Christmas!!!!!!
    I like to stay home. I do not go out and over indulge. Sober is a good way to enjoy the holidays.

5. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

I don't really over indulge during the holidays to tell you the truth. I stick firmly to my diet even during the holidays and exercise just as often as I do through out any other time.

6. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say that I overindulge...okay maybe a little. I do stop my exercising, which is probably a bad thing though. Then I restart in the New Year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

7. hirundine profile image60
    hirundineposted 6 years ago

Ummm, no festivities here. I do not use gyms. Coping? That's given. Thousands of years for homo sapiens and we've done perfectly well without gyms. It's easy to stay in shape without specialized rooms. Hey that's okay for people, who want them? I use the art of walking and taiji qigong and kungfu. Our group does go inside for winter. All is needed, is space.

Hiking, snowshoeing, bending, lifting, working outside; all conspire to help the human condition.

I enjoy to eat, but the days of those indulgences to excess, are long gone. I do not celebrate christmas, or any religion, or religious festival.

I try to follow the concept of; love thy neighbour as thyself and do unto others as you would have done unto you. Hey it works for me. Anything else is superfluous, IMO.

If I wanted to use this time, christmas, to over-eat and drink alcohol? I would! No, problem. I just prefer not to, it.I, feel better for it. We will all die, sooner or later. I choose to do so, without pre-concepts or superstition.