Does an addict need in-house drug rehab, or will counseling and outpatient rehab

1. proudmamma profile image77
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

Does an addict need in-house drug rehab, or will counseling and outpatient rehab help them?

2. freefogging profile image79
    freefoggingposted 6 years ago

My son is an addict and we have found that the only thing that has helped him stay clean is a combination. He has been to in house therapy and while he is in there and when he graduates from the program, he also goes to Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous. Without all of them, his chances of making it without drugs and alcohol goes down dramatically.

So, As far as I have seen with him and others in the inhouse program, they all say that they need all of the treatments, both inhouse and therapy to stay clean.

3. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 6 years ago

It's seems to be different for everyone. All of these places offer good help - it's the addict who needs to be willing to change the way they are living. If the willingness is there, great things can happen. After all is said and done, if they can continue on in a 12-step program after rehab and/or counseling and surround themselves with people who are also seeking recovery, I believe the chances for recovery increase significantly. There is nothing like one addict or alcoholic relating to another.

working