jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you use herbal remedies or supplements to prevent cold and flu during the win

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Do you use herbal remedies or supplements to prevent cold and flu during the winter months?

I am curious what supplements or herbs people use to prevent colds and flu and how well you think they work etc.

2. L.L. Woodard profile image77
    L.L. Woodardposted 6 years ago

I take a multivitamin every day of the year and took the flu shot two months ago. What has been working successfully for me so far this season is to take Cold-Eeze at the first symptoms of a cold.

3. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

I drink lots of water and take a well rounded assortment of vitamins. When I feel a cold or flu coming on I have green tea and that seems to ward off any bug or virus. I also wash my hands every opportunity I get. Having worked in a hospital environment I have a testimony of having clean hands.

4. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

I've heard and know people who find Echinacea very useful for this purpose. I believe it helps to strengthen or boost the immune system.

5. KimmiS profile image55
    KimmiSposted 6 years ago

Don't take vaccines or flu shots as they are not proven to work and are made of 100% toxic stuff.
    Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables; they are full of vitamins and minerals. Here is an interesting article about the 3 best winter herbs:
    http://realrawhealth.com/excellent-info … ter-herbs/

If you do get sick, stop eating solid food right away. Drink only freshly pressed vegetable and fruit juices (enemas help too) to beat the sickness in a flash.

6. shesacraftymom profile image75
    shesacraftymomposted 6 years ago

I take a vitamin or Airborne daily. Green tea with a little peppermint works well for my sinus issues. I find that light exercise helps me get over a mild cold, too.