jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In what ways don't you understand people?

1. BizGenGirl profile image85
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

In what ways don't you understand people?

And in what ways would you like to understand people better?

2. Ranzi profile image83
    Ranziposted 6 years ago

I don't understand when people abandon their parents when they are old.

3. thougtforce profile image89
    thougtforceposted 6 years ago

Oh, there are many reasons for that and I wonder if anyone understand people! I suspect most people have problem understanding themselves!
    Humans are so complex and our behaviour depends on many parameters like heritage, environment, experiences we have done during our life, the conclusions we draw from our experiences, how we live, people we meet, just to mention a few. I am very interested in peoples behaviour and I spend time trying to find out why people behave like they do and why!

I have always had jobs that include working with people and I have met all sorts of people both from my work in health care and in my present work as a environment and health inspector. But despite my experience working with people and from my personal life I still get very surprised over peoples behaviour now and then.
    What I really would want is to see more genuine people that don't play roles or have a hidden agenda!

4. cherylone profile image93
    cheryloneposted 6 years ago

I don't understand the hatred and anger some people have for their fellow creatures.  I always felt there was good in all people, but sometimes I can't seem to find it the ones that are always committing some violent act against another.  I guess I would like to understand people's choices better.  I mean we struggle and struggle to make the right choice and others just jump in and then regret things for years afterwards.

5. teachertalking1 profile image66
    teachertalking1posted 6 years ago

I don't understand mean people.  Why would anyone derive any happiness from being mean to others?  I know there is a deep, psychological explanation for mean people, but I'm also sure they (the mean people) would never read such an article.