jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is vulnerability a strength or weakness?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Is vulnerability a strength or weakness?

If it's a strength, why?

If it's a weakness, why?

2. gary dube profile image73
    gary dubeposted 6 years ago

In most of the cases vulnerability is a big weakness as far as my understanding goes towards the word. It is the qulaity or state of the mind in situations where people are more fallible or gullible to a stimulus compared to people who are not vulnerable.
    Let us take an example. A person is vulnerable to drugs.. This means that he has a higher chance of becoming an addict than those who are not vulnerable. Essentially it conveys a sense of weakness of mind.

3. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

I think that vulnerability is a weakness, although people may sometimes use it to get other people to do things for them, to take care of them etc, so in that case they use it as a strength, but then again in this last case they are not at all really vulnerable, but just faking it, so... if the vulnerability is real, it's a weakness.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

If the vulnerability is controlled by you it can be an asset or strength--but it it controls you then it would be weakness.

5. JoshuaThePost profile image61
    JoshuaThePostposted 6 years ago

My opinion has always been any attribute can be considered a strength or a weakness . . . It depends on how much or how little.  If the vulnerability is debilitating or effects what would be considered normal functioning perhaps it's a weakness.  I think it is dependent on the individual though.

6. colpolbear profile image96
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Vulnerability  is a weakness to your enemies and open arms to your allies.    Anyone with good intentions will be more inclined towards you, but at the same time, those who wish ill-will might take advantage.  In my experiences, the best course of action has always been to ease in to opening myself up to those I trust, while simultaneously closing myself off to those that prove to be untrustworthy.  In other words, if you can't trust a person, you'd best not be vulnerable before him or her.  In my most sincere opinion, if you're invulnerable, you're also most likely alone.  In this  sense, vulnerability is a form of strength.