jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

What is your opinion of a woman who bilked $25 million from vulnerable and gulli

1. MissMelissaK profile image78
    MissMelissaKposted 4 years ago

What is your opinion of a woman who bilked $25 million from vulnerable and gullible people?

By assuring them she had connections with the spirit world?  This is a true story of a woman by the name of Rose Marks, a Fort Lauderdale psychic.  I feel for all her victims.  At one very vulnerable point in my life, I was "addicted" to a psychic but thankfully I didn't give her millions.  I am free now after surrendering ALL to the Lord.  Jesus broke me from my addiction.  There is NOONE except God who knows what the future holds.  I repeat NOONE but God!  The demons may know bits and pieces of the future, but ONLY God knows the truth. This psychic could face up to 20 years.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

20 years isn't enough! It amazes me that people still give $$ to charlatans like these in this day and age.

MissMelissaKposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm not amazed.  There are people who are "deeply hurting" inside and they have given up on God and turn to these people for PROMISE, HOPE, and a FUTURE.  The only thing they get in return is LIES, LIES and more LIES.  It's all very sad.

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

HI Melissa

You know I never heard of this story or person.

I have never went to a reader. I have went along with friends told them they were crazy only for a few to say they were right. However if you know your job hence Sylvia Brown then you know how to read people. Some people are an open book without realizing how much info they give away.

Once the reader gets to know a person they become a easy target. I myself can read people,sometimes just the body language tells a story.

Anyone with a "real" gift will not charge for their services. I do believe that some have the gift to speak the truth. This gift is of the Holy Spirit

I have precognition dreams however I know where they come from. IF I could help others with my gift I would do it for kindness not to make a fast buck.

Sylvia brown has been fooling people over and over and over and yet they pay hundreds to get a seat at her sitting. She always seems to pack the arena. Now apparently her son is taking her place as she wants to retire soon.

She does cold readings and is very good at what she does. However if you seen her on a talk show, dont remember which one, she told someone her daughter was dead only to find her alive.

Sylvia gives the elusive HOPE, PROMISE and FUTURE that is nothing but lies and she is racking in the money.  We are all spiritual beings seeking the truth and Jesus is the TRUTH they are seeking. If only they'd see these charlatans for what they are.

2. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
      BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

What an excellent answer!  You should write a hub on Sylvia Brown!  Love your Holy Spirit answer too!

3. MissMelissaK profile image78

Thank you BuffaloGal1960. smile

4. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

I'm not familiar with the case you mention, but I totally agree with your explanation following your question! 

If psychics were REAL, they would all be wealthy and they wouldn't need to persuade, cheat, or lie.  I mean come on, I've seen them on tv...

Do you have a relative with a J in their name?  (most of us do)...I think you have an aunt or a grandpa with an M or an N...most of do...it's all fake.  The Bible CLEARLY instructs to avoid these people.  It' s mere entertainment - but that's only if you like that kind of entertainment!

Anyone who preys upon the weak - whether children, vulnerable people, the elderly or whatever, deserves to be put away!  But psychics who choose to take money while taking advantage of hurting people who need answers should be tried accordingly, and if convicted, given a one year sentence for each $1200 dollar they stole,

Absolutely agree.  These swindlers should be held accountable!! One of the ladies she conned was a successful author by the name of Jude Deveraux who had been unlucky in love and in life, but she wrote best-selling romance novels.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

As a child of God I have never been to one of these people. They are very evil and selfish. They are all con artists and darn good ones. In my mind they are telling you your life as in a soap opera type form. You have to keep going back, or tuning in tomorrow, to see what happens next. Like I said, I am a child of God, and thank God I learned at an early age what these people are all about.

6. tlmcgaa70 profile image77
    tlmcgaa70posted 4 years ago

i dont see much difference between so called psychics who rake in the money and television preachers who rake in the money. they all prey on the weak and give them false hope. all people need is faith in GOD and to read HIS Word daily. but those who reject GOD are blinded by HIM and left to their own devices. i may seem callous but if a person turns their back on GOD, they get what they deserve. it is like a homeless person who rejects someones offer of a home and three meals a day and clothes, all their needs met, just because they dont want to live by anyones house rules. so they end up homeless, hungry, destitute, through their own stubborn pride. what GOD said of the Israelites applies to all humanity...we are a stubborn and stiff necked people.

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
      BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer very much.  Yes, there are many (not all) televangels who prey upon the weak and they too should be punished!  That said, I feel many homeless people (not all) suffer from mental health issues & therefore may not be accountable

7. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Whether the person is a psychic, a pastor, a used car salesman, or anyone else if it can proven they collected money from people and didn't use it for what they say they would or didn't give the quality product or service they claimed you get for the money, they belong in jail. The only way to stop these people is to make them pay the consequences for their actions and hope they learn their lesson.

8. PoeticFailosophy profile image57
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

if other people want to pay a psychic millions, what business is it of yours?  you sound a bit judgmental and there are plenty who would judge you as gullible for transferring your dependency from a psychic to a religion.  If they are going to prosecute this psychic for fraud, then should they also prosecute preachers as frauds? after all, there is no proof that either psychics or religious heads have any connection to the spirit world.

working