jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would your life be like if you accepted or even welcomed your vulnerabiliti

1. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

What would your life be like if you accepted or even welcomed your vulnerabilities?

What if being vulnerable was not a bad thing, and welcoming the chance to be vulnerable actually help you grow? Would your life be different if you didn't feel you had to hide your vulnerabilities or avoid them?

2. whizcreed profile image67
    whizcreedposted 6 years ago

I have never felt ashamed of talking about my own shortcomings, which is not to say that I am proud of them, just that I have never been ashamed of them.

You can feel vulnerable and accept it, but doing it for too long is likely to make one used to the situation, become lazy, start using it as an excuse, hence rises the risk of bigger troubles. You can work on your vulnerabilities to make yourself a stronger individual but then I guess one will have to get rid of the idea of embracing vulnerabilities.

One should not be in conflict, one can embrace this feeling for sometime and then work or oneself and then when better, embrace the feeling again. Just doing one thing or another might lead to extremism (posted a hub about this recently) or doing both at same time would lead to conflicting thought process.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Actually, that's what I did. In school, I was bullied for being short and skinny and loving to read. So I embrassed my inner tininess and enjoy being small. I took a few boxing classes and have my own work out studio at home.
    In another view, my personality is one that does not get along with other people well. I am exceedingly blunt and have no emotions when I speak. Unfortunately, people believe that I speak with emotion... This causes quite a few issues, fights and resentment. Instead of fixing myself to accomodate the desires of others, I remain the same and love my bluntness and, what people believe is, my brutality.

4. Ana Teixeira profile image82
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

well.. i would love to give you a long poetic answer but if you accepted and welcomed your vulnerabilities.. you would be one of these two options:

option #1 - dead

option #2 - Free.

I tried it... I'm not dead yet.. so far so good! smile