jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to get relief from acidity?

1. faria_lupin profile image71
    faria_lupinposted 6 years ago

How to get relief from acidity?

2. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

Hello faria_lupin,
    Just 4 minutes ago, you asked this question. Very good timing.
    We do not know what is causing your acidity problem, so we are sort of at a disadvantage for trying to find a relief.
    But, lets ask some questions.
    Is it worse after you eat certain foods? Say, "acid foods?"
    Does milk, ice cream, butter or fried foods make it worse?
    What about your drinks, sodas, beer, coffee?
    One usually can get some relief from antacids that work by counteracting or neutralizing acidity, especially acidity in the stomach.
    There are some fairly effective over-the-counter antacids that one can use to help one with acidity.
    My advice, is to first talk to a pharmacist at any drug store, and I promise you, he or she will be willing to give you some advice on selecting an over the counter medication.
    One one word of advice, sometime gastro-intestinal problems can be more serious than they appear. If there is vomiting associated with this acidity,especially if blood (red) is noted, see a health care provider. Also, if red blood, or I should say, red liquid, or "dark or black" stool is noted in your "bile-movements," see a doctor.
    Okay. Get back with me, one way or another, better or worse, give me some feedback. Take care.
    Dr. Haddox

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Have you ever seen a Fresh Coconut ?

If you have ... take a small... say half an inch wide and about three to four inches long piece of freshly opened Coconut, and chew it ... till only the husk remains in your mouth ...

Keep the rest of the coconut in your fridge, and chew a small piece, whenever you have acidity.

4. khdijan profile image60
    khdijanposted 6 years ago

Chew up basil (tulsi) leaves to get rid of Gas, nausea or acidity............ Also avoid Sodas and drinks it causes to create acid........... Try to drink plenty of water and stay away from junk and spicy food............

5. profile image0
    Dr Rabieposted 6 years ago

You can find a lot of antacids available in the market. You can try Gaviscon. However, the most effective treatment is to prevent its occurring. You should limit your coffee and tea, avoid fatty and spicy foods. And, please eat more frequent but smaller meals. And if you want to sleep, sleep on your left side. This suites your stomach and relieves the pressure over the sphincter between the stomach and the esophagus.

working