jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is hypoglycemia something to really worry about?

1. CassyLu1981 profile image83
    CassyLu1981posted 6 years ago

Is hypoglycemia something to really worry about?

I was sick this week, really sick, so I went to the Dr.  He said I have hypoglycemia (where your body doesn't hold sugar like it is supposed to).  I'm supposed to make sure I have some kind of snack with me at all times and make sure I eat more smaller meals during the day.  This is new to me.  Is it something that I really need to worry about?  Anyone else have advice for me?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I think this article might help..

http://benjimester.hubpages.com/hub/Hyp … t-Diabetes

Have some apples with you..as you do not have diabetes, I assume, then you can eat as many apples as you like or some nuts for snacks...I love cashews myself.

3. dahoglund profile image82
    dahoglundposted 6 years ago

I have ended up in the emergency room a couple of times because of low blood sugar. There is the danger of going into a coma from this condition. Take it seriously. If you are diabetic you probably take blood glucose readings on a regular basis to be aware of low blood sugar. You can buy glucose tablets at the pharmacy and it is good to keep them handy if there is need to bring your blood sugar up in a hurry.

4. Chuck Bluestein profile image59
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 6 years ago

Did he do a test that takes awhile? Common hypoglycemia is not the medical hypoglymia so I need to know which one it is?

5. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

I've recently learned that my fibromyalgia is due to food sensitivities, and I am now on the road to recovery. It had first started as hypoglycemia. You could ask my nutritionist at nutritionadvancement.com about recovering from hypoglycemia through the guidance of a nutritionist addressing food sensitivities. (This is different than food allergies.)