jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you really think you bipolar and why? Do you think it's necessary to take pil

1. blondey profile image80
    blondeyposted 6 years ago

Do you really think you bipolar and why? Do you think it's necessary to take pills?

What are your symptoms if you think you're bipolar? Do you think bipolar is really an illness or a misdiagnosis to make money by pills?

2. fortunerep profile image83
    fortunerepposted 6 years ago

Yes i am Bipolar and I know I am.... and it is necessary to take "pills".   It is an illness and Mental illness and I can't believe that a Doctor would put someone on medicine for this illness without proof.  Ofcourse it is only diagnosed by symptoms, unless you have a DNA test, which I did.  The gene that carried Bipolar also carries color blindness, anemia, and dyslexia.  It is in the Y chromosone, and passed genetically from father to daughter and mother to son. It can also skip generations. It is not an illness you "catch". It is genetic.

3. scianna profile image80
    sciannaposted 6 years ago

Bipolar disorder is when someone has symptoms of major depression plus symptoms of mania which is a period of abnormal, and persistent elevated, expansive and irritable mood. The person alternates between depression and mania. So, yes it is an illness. There are very specific criteria that must be met to be able to diagnose a person as having bipolar disorder. Also, this is associated with changes in the levels of some chemicals in the brain and so drugs are given to normalize the levels of these chemicals.
    From what I know people with psychiatric problems don't really know that they have one. They are not aware that they have a problem. Only people who are close to them notice the changes in behavior.

4. Escobana profile image76
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

Bipolar Disorder and medication belong together like the sun and the moon. How do you cope with your medication? What beauty lies in mental stability? read more

working