jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you remove a splinter?

1. Linda Bliss profile image90
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

How do you remove a splinter?

2. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

It can be cut out with a razor blade.  Just cut the skin right on top of it.

3. Pollyannalana profile image84
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

With tape. Someone just told me this lately when I got cactus splinters impossible to get out. Otherwise with regular splinter I just lift those out with a needle if it can be seen but not reached or tweezers if there is enough out to pinch and pull out. Otherwise, a good sticky tape is best.

4. Judi Bee profile image98
    Judi Beeposted 6 years ago

Make a paste with bicarbonate of soda and water.  Put it on the splinter and cover with a plaster.  Leave it for up to 24 hours.  The splinter will be drawn out.  Tried it once, it worked!  Great for cowards like me.

5. happyturtle profile image69
    happyturtleposted 6 years ago

Here are two of many varying options.

1) Place your finger (this is if your splinter is in your finger) within a glass of very warm water. This will make your skin very supple, then with a sterilised sewing needle draw out the splinter.

2) Leave the splinter under your skin. Your body will automatically reject it draw it to the surface within 7-14 days.

6. InterestCaptured profile image87
    InterestCapturedposted 6 years ago

Soaking your hand in warm water with a hefty amount of epsom salt helps to draw it out

working