jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar for health?

1. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar for health?

Have been reading about health benefits. Have to be careful because it is acidic, but can eat on salad, etc. Has anyone tried this and gotten good results? I am especially interested in blood sugar reduction as my morning blood sugar tends to run really close to pre-diabetic levels. I'm already exercising and all that, so looking to add additional things.

2. jasmith1 profile image84
    jasmith1posted 6 years ago

Yes, I have for asthma and associated allergies like hayfever. earthclinic.com has some interesting info about this and also about other things to use to reduce effect of acid on your teeth.

3. profile image0
    kate-olsonposted 6 years ago

I don't use apple cider vinegar in food very much, but I use it to rinse my hair all the time. It makes your hair soft and shiny, and it helps with dandruff. (I'm allergic to hair products that aren't all natural.)

4. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

I have written some on the uses of Apple Cider vinegar. It can be used to help you determine whether you have enough acid in your stomach.  It does indeed reduce acid reflux, but shouldn't be used for more than a couple of days because of the damage it does to the enamel on teeth.  That is why its a test. If you are low on acid switching to Betain (Hydrocloric Acid) . Available in health food stores is a good idea

1. Gina145 profile image83
      Gina145posted 5 years agoin reply to this

If one needs to take Apple Cider vinegar for more than a couple of days, it is available in capsule form.  I haven't used them, but I imagine it works out much more expensive that way.

working