jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it better to do yoga before or after you excercise?

1. erinb62 profile image76
    erinb62posted 6 years ago

Is it better to do yoga before or after you excercise?

2. YogaKat profile image85
    YogaKatposted 6 years ago

72 year young 007 has been practicing yoga for eight years.  007 is a cancer survivor who credits yoga for her strength, flexibility, weight loss and positivity. read more

3. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Yoga is best done before exercising. Warming up is essential to prevent muscle damage due to strenuous exercise . Yoga flexes the muscles gently and is a good limbering up exercise.

4. mikejhca profile image90
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

Yoga is exercise.  Since it requires strength, balance and endurance I would recommend you do it before doing other forms of exercise.  You do not want to start doing yoga when your heart is racing and your are breathing hard.  Relaxing your body with yoga can also prepare your body for the exercises you do afterwards.

I am in good shape but when I do yoga I would not do a lot of additional exercise afterwards.  Yoga with a few body weight exercises for strength afterwards provides me with a good workout.

5. colpolbear profile image95
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Both.  It helps to warm you up for an exercise,  preventing injury.  It also helps to increase blood flow afterwards, thus healing your muscles.  It can be considered an exercise on it's own, but it's not necessarily effective for working your entire body to the point you want.  Plus, sports require more cardio.

working