jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What workout (at home) do you find most effective for toning & weight loss combi

1. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

What workout (at home) do you find most effective for toning & weight loss combined?

Do you use a particular program like P90x for instance? or do you have a particular workout DVD or game or something? Which do you like the best and why?

I tried p90x for a few days but was so sore I decided to use something a little less intense to build up to being able to try it again.  I love yoga too but need something a bit more intense to get this last 15 pounds or so of "baby weight" off of me.  I also want to look leaner and more toned.  I lift weights and use resistance bands for my arms - but would like to look leaner/stronger all over

2. MosLadder profile image86
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

So many answers, so little space! It sounds like you prefer to use an instructional dvd, so my pick would be the Lauren Brooks kettle bell series. For women and men.

She is RKC certified and a great fitness instructor. Excellent dvd's; plus, using kettlebells allows you to get strong, build some muscle and improve cardiovascular endurance. For straightforward body weight fitness that works, check out bodyweightcoach.com. The most fun you can have with bodyweight exercises!

3. georgiecarlos profile image58
    georgiecarlosposted 6 years ago

I am not the most fit person in the entire world but what I actually enjoy is Zumba! It's Hispanic dancing and aerobics combined!

4. LucidWarrior profile image60
    LucidWarriorposted 6 years ago

Wow do we think alike. I went through the P90X program and found some of the exercises very intense; Plyo kicked by butt but I love the CardioX and YogaX. So I also went with a toned down version of the cardio program that I found from the same place I bought my P90X. It came as a 3-pack and they are all very satisfying workouts. For the yoga I still do the YogaX from P90X. Like you most yoga DVD's are not intense enough but YogaX is perfect. Another good one is Yoga Burn by Rodney Yee.

If you have a Wii or Xbox game system another great fat burning working is any of their Dance games. Forget the "exercise" games, they don't come close to the burn you get from dancing, and you might have fun too.

5. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

All combined, I'm doing p90x and its a combination of both. Once im done with p90x im going to do p90x2

6. shesacraftymom profile image75
    shesacraftymomposted 6 years ago

I love step aerobics. It totally changed the shape of my legs and I lost about 5% body fat in four months, not to mention 25 pounds. Also, I live Pilates with light dumbbells. Try Ellen Barrett's Pilates fusion or other Pilates workouts. The Firm always has great DVDs for cardio/toning.