jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How To Recover From The Death Of A Loved One?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How To Recover From The Death Of A Loved One?

2. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

Often times, it is not easy recovering from the death of a loved one. It is difficult to get over it. My father died 3 years ago. I am not over it. It makes me sad whenever I think about him. It was the way he died, in the nursing home, he slowly wasting away. Dying. Having to watch him die slowly, nearly "killed" me. After he died, I was so stressed, I ended up in the hospital the day after his funeral. I am still grieving. I can't get over it.
    Here is how I feel about it, "it is okay if you never get over it." I am speaking only for myself. If you understand how I feel. Then you understand why I don't care if I never recover. The way I see it, my life is forever changed, "to a point," because my Dad is gone. And it's okay.
    I've got a right to feel bad about my Dad going away. I got a right to miss him. My life is not the same. It is changed because he is no longer with me. And all of this is something, I don't mind, living with, and getting over with, slowly. Okay, enough is enough, of this.
    Peace be with you, as you go. Regards, Dr. Haddox

3. Catzgendron profile image71
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

For those how have loved and lost hold the memories close to your heart. The memories will offer comfort, support and are a reminder that though gone they are forever in your heart. read more

4. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Read my hub... Is it human nature to do this?...see if you can relate.  It's a road with emotions that come and go...A song, a smell, a memory, anything can set you off.  I don't know if you recover....you just live with it.

5. giocatore profile image85
    giocatoreposted 6 years ago

I don't think you recover. You learn to deal with it. I don't think a person can expect to ever be the same after losing someone close.

working