jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some tips to reduce or eliminate symptoms caused by seasonal allergies?

1. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

What are some tips to reduce or eliminate symptoms caused by seasonal allergies?

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I find that changing the HVAC filter frequently and making sure the windows remain shut helps me. I also require everyone to take off their shoes when entering my home and have them leave their shoes by the door. Lots of things that can cause allergies get tracked all over if you don't have this rule. Then lots of nasty things we all step in knowingly and unknowingly also don't get spread around your home making it easier to keep your home clean whether you have allergies or not. Keeping your pets clean or outdoors may help you. Finding OTC drugs or prescription drugs may be the next step for those who don't wish to change their lifestyle or still aren't finding relief.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Get a HEPA air purifier.   Although the "ionic breeze" purifier is nearly silent, I don't like the ozone odor that it emits.

4. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

If you are having some symptoms, you can change your HVAC filter or get an air purifier.  However, sometimes your allergy symptoms just do not go away. I usually  take an 24 hour antihistamine at night if I am having severe symptoms.  The pill usually makes me sleepy so I end up having a good night's sleep.  If my symptoms are not that bad, I just keep tissues with me.  I also drink honey and lemon tea or honey and lemon in hot water. That usually seems to alleviate minor symptoms.

working