jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you carry an organ donor card, and if not, why not?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

Do you carry an organ donor card, and if not, why not?

With so many people desperate for organs, do you carry a donor card, and if not why not? You won't need the organs after you die, and even if your family don't like the idea of you donating your organs they should respect your wishes. By carrying a card surely you make it easier for the doctors to talk to your family about harvesting your organs after death, and at least you can potentially save lives once you have gone.

2. profile image0
    Charles Hiltonposted 5 years ago

I don't want to give emergency room doctors an incentive to let me die. I'm donating my body to science, after which I'm being cremated.

3. Miss Crayola profile image76
    Miss Crayolaposted 5 years ago

Yes I do.  I like to help people now and I like the idea of helping some of them even more when I would be gone.

I think people who do not sign their card do so because they are afraid of the unknown.  I respect this choice and hope they will respect mine when the time will be here.

4. vveasey profile image84
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

No I don't. I never really thought about. I guess the idea of my body being taken a part even though I'll be dead doesn't appeal to me or kind of freaks me out.

working