What are some ways people can work on letting go of their anxieties and worries?

1. KrystalD profile image79
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

What are some ways people can work on letting go of their anxieties and worries?

You have a wealth of knowledge and I would love to hear what you have to say about this. I am someone that works hard to let go of worry and am always looking for more tips on this issue.

2. Tom Head profile image58
    Tom Headposted 6 years ago

Never underestimate the role physiology plays in this sort of thing. I was prescribed 120mg of propranolol (inderal) for my migraines last year; propranolol is also used to treat anxiety, and one of the delightful side effects of the medication is that it's much easier for me to let go of my anxiety and worries than it once was. Other factors that can make it harder to let go of anxieties and worries: inadequate sleep, poor diet (I've found that taking a daily B-complex is especially important), and untreated chronic pain.

3. jeyaramd profile image76
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

Anxieties and worries can be about the past situations, future responsibilities, or present issues. In any case, we should acknowledge certain issues that we may face in the future and immediately address those issues in the present moment as best as we can. It may mean that we start working on that project or we start building on relationships with one little thing at a time. We have to detach ourselves from the worries and anxieties associating with our present doings. We have to believe that as we engage in an effort towards alleviating a problem. We are dealing with the issue at hand. For instance, the economic crisis in a nation cannot be resolved by constantly worrying about the state of affairs. We should focus on doing something to alleviate those issues by applying for a new job or by looking at stress relievers. We have to have faith that the rest will work out. However, relieving ourselves of stress does not mean that we ignore possible issues. It just means that we concentrate on the source and not dwelling.

working