jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you pick the best diet for your body type?

1. InfoFinder profile image70
    InfoFinderposted 6 years ago

How do you pick the best diet for your body type?

Since there are a variety of body types, it is sometimes confusing to know which foods to include or exclude from my daily diet.

2. lawretta profile image76
    lawrettaposted 6 years ago

Well, by visiting a dietitian i guess?!  Self medication or self indulging for me is a NO NO! You could deprive your body of essential nutrients which could lead to a number of health complications like Ulcer, heart disease, High blood pressure etc.

3. Miss Lacey profile image61
    Miss Laceyposted 6 years ago

I don't think your body type matters when dieting. Usually, the main goal of dieting is weight loss. I have dieted off and on for years. I have found the best way to diet is by just eating "right". And of course exercising. Foods to exclude from your diet are fast food and processed foods. So things like soda, chips, sweets, etc. It is best to eat a balanced diet of whole grains, fruits & veggies, and lean meats. So include things like whole grain bread and pasta, and meats like chicken, turkey, and fish.

You also need to count your calories to make sure you don't go overboard. I was told the best way to determine how many calories you need to eat to lose weight is by multiplying your weight by 10. For example, if you weight 160, multiply by 10, you would need to eat 1600 calories in order to lose weight. Again, you also need to include exercising.

I am posting a link for a diet guide called Michi's Ladder. It is the guide that I followed to get myself eating right, and it worked really well! I hope it helps you too smile

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

By asking people with your body type what diet worked for them. There are three main body types and tons of diets. It would take a while to go through them one by one.

5. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 6 years ago

I think choosing a diet should be related to what works for you. You should think about your tastes, preferences, etc. Being active is important. Find activities that you enjoy and you will lose weight and feel better.

I did write a hub about a specific type of diet. Feel free to read it here: http://fitmom.hubpages.com/hub/HCG-Diet … ol-the-411

6. srhowell profile image59
    srhowellposted 6 years ago

Miss Lacey is correct when she says to eat right by eating more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.  If you follow a healthy eating plan you can lose weight and keep it off.  Check out my hub at http://srhowell.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-W … -Go-Hungry