jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think schools should provide healthier lunches, even if it costs more?

1. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Do you think schools should provide healthier lunches, even if it costs more?

2. efeyas profile image87
    efeyasposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. I was just reading an article on Yahoo about the pink slime that is processed in our school meats. Where is the real ground meat? & Why do the schools feel they need to serve meat to children with all these fillers?

3. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

Definitely.  Children's health should not be a cost issue.  Nobody's should, but baby steps are all that can be expected right now.

4. oldersister profile image80
    oldersisterposted 6 years ago

I don't think the problem is with school lunches.  School lunches have been around for decades, but obesity has not.  We are so busy with running our kids around to sports and activities and we don't take the time out to eat a healthy meal at home.  Years ago kids went outside to run around and play.  Came in for dinner, had a small snack and got ready for bed. Life was much more simpler and healthier 30 years ago.

5. Arya Leatrice profile image61
    Arya Leatriceposted 6 years ago

I most certainly think that schools should provide healthier lunches,  even if it costs more. There is so much easy access to junk food now days and nutrition is starting to become lost. People who eat healthier tend to have less problems with stress, depression, lower physical problems, less illness, and overall seem to just function better. Overall schools will get better students and have a higher success rate if they did spend the extra doe on healthy lunches instead of the soda machines.

working