jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your greatest stressor?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

What is your greatest stressor?

Stress is a daily companion.  Waht is your greatest stressor and more importantly how do you deal with it?

2. m0rd0r profile image73
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

Any combination of bright light and loud noise will disturb me and keep me edgy for 10-15 minutes.

I also hate dropping things on the ground and general clumsiness because of this.

People who know me are often covering their ears when they see me burst with curses.

(Imagine what bile spills from my mouth wink )

3. TENKAY profile image81
    TENKAYposted 6 years ago

When somebody get sick in the family. I worry a lot, I get so stressed out thinking of the worst things that could happen to the sick member of the family.

I deal with my stress by praying (repetitive prayers), meditating, talk to the trees, and walk the dogs.

4. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Probably any talk about finances- money to be precise. I never have any and I keep getting hounded by my family about it.  I cook or clean to deal with it. Usually it is therapeutic. Sometimes I even listen to loud, blaring music until I cannot stand it anymore. I try not to yell of scream at people around me.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

Society.  I have problems dealing with the way the world is now, as compared to the way it was years ago.  Nothing makes sense and everything seems upside down.  It's very stressful.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

Internet trash is my biggest source of stress. As everyone knows you can find something on the internet to support or oppose any product, cause, viewpoint, whatever. I get really angry when people searching the internet will only use the information that supports their preconceived idea and ignore anything that is to the contrary. The stress is elevated when they try to convince me about something and they refuse to accept other viewpoints and get angry when I suggest we check the source of that information.

I guess it goes back to my days as a newspaper reporter. Often I had to deal with people who would bring a printed article that somehow omitted the citations or sources of the information and then expect me to write a column about it.  Right along with the bad internet trash are the conspiracy theories. JFK has been dead for almost 50 years. Lincoln has been dead for 160 years. None of the theories are ever going to be proved, so just let it go.