jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How do you deal with stress if you can't eliminate it?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

How do you deal with stress if you can't eliminate it?

I have found myself in a situation where I am constantly stressed out but can't find the way to eliminate it. I don't even have the time for meditation! By the time I have a moment to go to bed, I'm asleep before my head hits the pillow!

2. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 4 years ago

I was listening to someone talk about stress and how to calm your nervous system down.
    I think that in the this world now we are under a different kind of stress our brains are not able to handle.
    We have this constant barrage of Terror put on us, our kids are stressed because we are stressed.
    My suggestion: turn off the TV and cell phones and if you have children play with them and have dinner with them. And get sleep when you can.
    If I had kids I'd just find joy in them and try to shut the world out.
    Because we can't all go crazy.
    I used to be able to de stress my life but I had a brain injury last year that left that part of my brain which helps shut down stress is compromised
    So while I know what I want to do when I'm stressed I can't. But usually I think sleep is a good way to get away from stress.

ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wish I had time to watch TV! But I do agree that it should be one of the first things to go.
      I"m glad you survived your brain injury! And I do agree that sleep works as well.

3. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Might be something to do with what you eat. Do you drink a lot of coffee? Try drinking tea. Or do you keep on doing something beyond the time your brain shuts down because it's had enough?
    Do you get out? - I don't mean to the supermarket or the cybercafe, I mean out to the park or somewhere less 'organised', such as in the woods. If you live in a big city it's going to be hard to get out to woods and heaths etc., that's why you've got parks.
    To the north west of London is Hampstead Heath, a great area to look down on 'the Smoke' (the name non-Londoners - such as me - give the capital). Or a bit further out is Richmond's Deer Park (near where Mick Jagger lives), and another way out, past Wandsworth is Wandsworth Common.
    Although I live in a numbered district of London, within half an hour on the Underground (Subway to you) I can be out in Essex, on my way uphill into Epping Forest and on to one of the tea huts at High Beech. Or, half an hour's walk away is Wanstead Park, technically part of Epping Forest. You'd be amazed at how even that half hour's walk can de-stress the brain.

4. kosanya profile image71
    kosanyaposted 4 years ago

Here is my blog on stress management
    http://kosanya.hubpages.com/hub/How-do- … iminate-it

5. The Jet profile image75
    The Jetposted 4 years ago

Quite simple. Beast mode on my punching bag. Headphones blaring, heavy-bass music. Problem solved. My method. Haha.

6. mahmud11557 profile image61
    mahmud11557posted 4 years ago

Speak to them that you can reliable or contact anyone you know.Try to expressed his expression without limitations,regardless of whether sad or happy time,share your feelings with family members or friends that you feel comfortable with.Spend time with people who are not in a depression.

7. shogan profile image86
    shoganposted 4 years ago

Stress is caused by knowing something about ourselves that we're loathe to admit.  If you're constantly stressed at work, you're reluctant to admit that your life isn't what it should be.  The fact that you feel you have no choice only confirms that.  Either find the courage to be true to who you are or accept that this version of your life is perfect as it is.

ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow that was beautifully insightful and completely accurate

8. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 4 years ago

There are many healthy ways to manage those daily stresses and you would feel better after applying them sincerely. The first step is becoming aware of your triggers, and taking steps to calm yourself right-away. The idea is to be aware of your 'stress reflex' as soon as it starts, especially when you stress over mundane things. Feel your pulse quickening at the sight of your overflowing inbox ?. Make a plan before you check your emails, and think whether or not its worth getting stressed over. Further course of healthy ways are,  a) changing your posture, b)Go outside, c) Exercise, d) Play with kids, and e) Laugh it out etc.. Catch it immediately if you really want to get rid of stress.

9. mikielikie profile image66
    mikielikieposted 4 years ago

When I'm stressed I write answers the hubpage questions.