jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Is The Fastest And Safest Way To Lose Weight?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

What Is The Fastest And Safest Way To Lose Weight?

When I was younger I could eat anything that I wanted and not gain any weight at all. Now that I am getting older it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or don't eat I still gain weight in my stomach area especially. Does anyone recommend or know what the fastest way and safest way to lose weight? Specifically for someone 40-50 years of age.

2. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 6 years ago

A lot of exercise (both cardio and strength training/weight lifting) will help anyone lose weight in combination with reducing total calorie intake. People have been misled into thinking that 30 minutes of exercise is good enough but this is simply not true. Our bodies were made to move and if you are not getting at least 1 hour of exercise daily, you are setting yourself up to gain weight particularly as you age.

In fact, especially if you are female like me, you will only MAINTAIN your current weight with just an hour of exercise daily. Doing less exercise will likely not get you anywhere with regards to weight loss. Moderate and high intensity exercises will get the weight off quicker than long lower level intensity exercises. While you should only push yourself as far as you can comfortably go, keep in mind that if you're able to hold a conversation or sing with only moderate to little effort, your workout will not help you lose weight quickly.

Secondly, reducing calorie intake is important to losing weight. It can be difficult or inconvenient but it is necessary to losing weight. As we age, our bodies actually need FEWER calories than we needed in our teens, twenties, thirties, etc. A common issue is that we continue eating as if we were in our teens long after those years have passed.

Stress affects our weight by producing cortisol which tells our bodies to store fat around our abdomen area in particular. In addition, if you are not active enough you will only gain weight in this area even when you aren't stressed. Throw in the fact that no one can spot reduce (without liposuction) and it's easy to see why many women get frustrated with their midsections. It is important to know that vigorous exercise will make a huge difference in your midsection over the course of 6 to 8 weeks in combination with a healthier diet.

In conclusion, try to get a total of at least an hour and a half of exercise daily if not two at the most. It does not have to be all in one long session and can be broken into two or more smaller bits. Reduce your calorie intake to 1200 - 1400 calories daily with your food choices consisting of mostly lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and healthy oils. Visit your doctor and tell him your concerns about your weight. Only your doctor can take into account your current level of health and any meds you may be on and provide you with information that will help you get to where you want to be in a safe manner.

3. Bea Wiser profile image66
    Bea Wiserposted 6 years ago

Alas, there is no fast and safe way to lose weight.  Slow and steady is the way to go. That's the way most of us gained weight.  Most experts believe that 30 minutes of exercise a day is adequate to maintain health.  That amount of exercise along with diet modifications will slow and reverse the numbers on the scale. One of the reasons we gain weight as we get older is loss of muscle which reduces metabolism. So include strength training 3 days a week as well.   Concentrate on a healthy active life style  and consider a program like weight watchers for extra motivation.

4. ustad profile image60
    ustadposted 6 years ago

eating low carb diet, with high protien, regular excercise, cutting cholestrol..

make plan of at least 6 months, do not start practicing dieting plans at once niether you should start heavy workouts at once, losing weight with proper planning and healthy diet recipes will make you achieve long term results..

Try to achieve results with balance on Fitness and Health at same time.

i read a book "awaken a gaint within" and the chapter in this book "How to fullfil your Physical Destiny" last year, i must recommend you read this book, if u cant read entire at least go through this chapter.. i hope it will give you a million dollar adivce to loose wieght and achieve desired results..

5. profile image50
    Healthexplorerposted 5 years ago

The basic thing which one need to concentrate for loosing weight is have the courage to face the consequences and need to change the diet plan in which one is habituated. Regular exercise specially cycling may help in the process. Diet less in fats or carbohydrates and concentrating more on the vegetables part can also help in the weight loss process without loosing the necessary requirements by the body. The next thing is to do a little meditation for the same.

working