jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is good a diet to help you lose weight?

1. keshab21 profile image61
    keshab21posted 4 years ago

What is good a diet to help you lose weight?

2. cathylynn99 profile image76
    cathylynn99posted 4 years ago

I have always been successful with counting calories. aiding this is eating lots of fruits and veggies, as they are low calorie and filling.

3. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

I have found that portion control and eating natural foods (not processed foods such as found in a box or fast food) helps a lot.  Also substituting high calorie items for low calorie i.e. using a cooking spray instead of butter when cooking eggs. So a lot of vegetables and fruits and lean meats with exercise, portion control, limit fat intake seems to help me. It also helps me very much that I joined Weight Watchers for the accountability and weighing in every week, since I quit smoking I felt things got out of control and I just needed some extra help.

4. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

First go to one of the many online sites that have an app to calculate your static calorie consumption based on your age, sex, weight and activity level and find out how many calories you are burning.
    Next decide how much you can cut your intake below that amount, say 500-1000 calories. You will lose weight according to how much you cut.
    If you increase your activity level you will lose faster.
    It is important to exercise as much as you can to keep from losing muscle instead of fat.
    Sadly as you lose weight the lose will slow but so long as you are using more than you consume you will continue to lose.
    After that it is a matter of finding foods that keep you from feeling like you are starving. Be sure to get a good balance of proteins and starches and keep in mind that you shouldn't try to go completely fat free. You are supposed to have a fat intake of around 30% but you want good fats not saturated fats.

5. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 4 years ago

The diet that works best for me is to eat less and exercise more. Besides eating less, one should eat healthy. Avoid sweets and fats and throw away the salt shaker. Concentrate on low- or no-fat protein and fill those empty voids with an extra helping of vegetables.

6. Matthew Ryczko profile image84
    Matthew Ryczkoposted 4 years ago

None. Period. Dieting does not work.

Think about it. You diet for a while, you lose weight for a while. When it's over, you gain it back, because you're returning to the way you were eating before the diet- which obviously made you gain the weight to begin with. You have to change your life, and make better decisions with food and exercise. Short-term solutions will not last long-term.

Also, replace more "fake" food with natural food, and don't replace natural food with "fake" food- like diet sodas, cooking sprays, etc. The chemicals (not foods) that are in them, actually increase your appetite, and many are carcinogenic. Shop the perimeter of your grocery store and get fresh produce, meat and dairy. Skip the packaged foods.

You might find these hubs helpful:

http://matthewryczko.hubpages.com/hub/T … ose-Weight

http://matthewryczko.hubpages.com/hub/T … ore-Active

working