jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some health benefits of Aspirin, apart from being a pain killer?

1. Linda Bliss profile image91
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

What are some health benefits of Aspirin, apart from being a pain killer?

2. kennynext profile image72
    kennynextposted 6 years ago

It is suppose to be good for your heart also.

3. darrensurrey profile image76
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

Funny you post this. If you check on metro.co.uk there's an article saying that research suggests it can fight against/slow down some forms of cancer!

4. CrisSp profile image85
    CrisSpposted 6 years ago

As a certified first aider, I know that aspirin can be administered  to a person showing signs and symptoms of stroke or heart attack and daily aspirin therapy can lower your risk of heart attack and stroke. However, you should first check the persons' medical history and allergy on medications before you give it. Studies also shows that baby aspirin has some anti-aging benefits and is now also being considered a strong cancer reducer.

5. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

My Dad has to take half an aspirin everyday - Doctors orders!! - as it helps to keep his blood thinner. hopefully preventing him from having a heart attack or stroke.
    I'd like to add that I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a daily dose of aspirin without being advised to by their Doctor!!

6. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

it helps to thin out your blood to avoid getting blood clots .. only take it this way if advised by doctor.

7. Bea Wiser profile image64
    Bea Wiserposted 6 years ago

Heard in the news today a new study is reporting use of aspirin is associated with decreased risk of cancer.  It also may reduce the spread of cancer cells within the body.

For many years docs have been advising a baby aspirin daily to reduce risk of heart attack.

8. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i just read that it may help prevent and cure prostate, colon and a couple of other cancers. do i believe it, not really. it also helps with your blood and it is advised to take it if you are over 50.

9. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Although some studies suggests that Aspirin's anti-inflammatory properties may help reduce risk of dementia, one should NOT be taking Aspirin over the long term as a preventative measure due to potentially dangerous side effects of Aspirin.
    ... read more