jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in the male menopause?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in the male menopause?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

There is no such thing because we have no menstrual cycle to pause.  The thing is a fabrication by the politicaly correct brigade to make men suffer from something in middle-age and then called it mid-life crisis, there are even some men who have been taken in by it all and believe it exists.

3. Blogurl profile image59
    Blogurlposted 5 years ago

I do not believe there is a medical diagnosis for male menopause, but I do believe men go through hormonal changes at certain times in their life just as women do, although maybe not to the same degree. All humans have hormones and every physical body goes through changes at certain times during life.

It may simply be easier to call it male menopause instead of something else. Some men also exhibit mood swings or emotion/outbursts that may be labeled "male PMS". I remember friends joking about this back in high school.

4. heraldolexime profile image59
    heraldoleximeposted 5 years ago

There are no doubt that a male with low Testosterone may in fact suffer from a similarly known symptoms as menopause. A change of emotions, depressive modes and or low testosterone.
    Although symptoms may vary and can be attributed to other myths. No specifics organizations or group responsible for Male infertility or mood swings. I am 62 now and have battle the so-called Male Menopause for a number of years. Currently managed and I feel great finally. No! you may not have the cycles like a female, nevertheless you are still a human counter-part of a female therefore sharing what most man refuses to accept or admit; is that of hormones
    There are a number of factors associated with low Testosterone: as depicted below by one researcher at Androgel.com.

WHAT IS LOW TESTOSTERONE?
    Typically, a man’s testosterone level is considered low if it’s below a level of around 300 ng/dL. Low Testosterone can be caused by a signaling problem that occurs between the brain and the testes that causes the production of testosterone to drop below normal. Low Testosterone can also occur when your body can't make normal levels of testosterone. Low Testosterone can lead to a medical condition known as hypogonadism, which has many symptoms including fatigue, decreased energy, reduced sexual desire, and depressed mood.
    It is estimated that Low Testosterone affects more than 15 million men in the U.S. Common symptoms include reduced sex drive, decreased energy, loss of body hair or reduced shaving, and depressed mood. There is no cure for hypogonadism. It is a medical condition that usually requires ongoing treatment.
    The good news is that it can be diagnosed by your doctor based on a medical history and exam, your signs and symptoms, and certain blood tests.

5. Mmargie1966 profile image94
    Mmargie1966posted 5 years ago

I believe in it.  Menopause is based on hormone loss or fluctuation.  Men have hormones as well, and they do suffer loss and fluctuation of those hormones later in life.  (Primarily testosterone)

6. Emerson01 profile image59
    Emerson01posted 5 years ago

Because men do not have a menstrual cycle, they can not physically experience menopause. If you are refferring to similar symptoms, I think you are thinking of LT, or Low Testosterone.

working