jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there male menopause?

1. Kawaljit kaur profile image69
    Kawaljit kaurposted 6 years ago

Is there male menopause?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago
  3. ronhi profile image76
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

I think its a yes..BTW, did you notice the word is a complex word? men + o + pause...but i could be wrong

4. Richard Sirota profile image58
    Richard Sirotaposted 6 years ago

I am inclined to think so. While the hormonal balance and particulars may be different sex to sex it is ultimately a deep emotinal response, one that men are subject to as well as women if the guys are willing to admit that they are subject to it at all.  Few men will allow themselves to be seen crying in public although bouts of depression are more easily acceptable. It is a cultural thing so well ingrained in the male psyche that, I believe, they would rather destroy their emotional balance rather that let it out and allow themselves some relief.

5. profile image0
    alexarposted 6 years ago

Yes. This accurs when a male is low on testosterone. Most of this is caused by depression and sexual problems.

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Andropause (the male version of menopause) is somewhat controversial, as it doesn't necessarily mean a male has reached the end of his reproductive life, like menopause does for women. Most agree that men tend to experience andropause around their 70s (give or take a bit, depending on individual health and biology), and it's marked by declining levels of testosterone. This is not caused by sexual problems, but it may cause sexual problems that can generally be corrected. There are a number of symptoms of andropause that are similar to menopause, including possibly hot flashes, loss of muscle tone in the nether regions, etc.

working