jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How to deal with nausea?

1. urmilashukla23 profile image83
    urmilashukla23posted 6 years ago

How to deal with nausea?

I get nauseated  a lot.  Is there any home remedy to help me out please?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Such on a hard candy with as little milk as possible..I mean don't chew it, just let it stay on your tongue.

3. Appetizer profile image72
    Appetizerposted 6 years ago

Salted crackers help along with Gravol, Mint tea also helps.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

It depends what the cause is - nausea can be caused by anything from an intestinal virus to a head injury to sea-sickness to heart attack to pain to pregnancy to cold exposure to heat illness to ulcerative disease to chemotherapy or radiation therapy! There are medications which are helpful as well as natural remedies and foods which can help relieve nausea, such as tea and toast. I would recommend you see a physician for a diagnosis and to discuss options for treatment.

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I hate the feeling of nausea and all the body reactions that go with it. My mom would give us dry toast with "canela" or cinnamon tea to combat this feeling. Now, I slowly sip a cup of warm water as well. I hear that putting a bit of lavendar in cheesecloth and wearing it around your wrist helps. The scent is calming.

6. My Nurse Says profile image62
    My Nurse Saysposted 6 years ago

well a simple thing to help you through the nausea (plus vomiting) thing are ice-chips.. sipping them also helps. But @Dubuquedogtrainer is also right in saying that there are other causes to be considered and a trip to a doctor will help you out in figuring that particular cause..

7. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 6 years ago

I rarely experience nausea. When I do, I suck on a mint, drink warm mint tea, and just stay busy to keep my mind off of it. The only time that I suffered from it constantly was with one of my pregnancies.

If you experience this a lot and it is not a symptom of pregnancy, then you should definitely have a doctor do an exam. I know gallbladder problems can also give you nausea, especially after eating foods that are high in fat.

Best of luck!

8. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 6 years ago

For a quick remedy, though most of the other suggestions I see here are good, the best I've found is ginger. Fastest is a piece of ginger candy or fresh ginger *under* the tongue. Ginger tea is good too.

A great one that you can get almost anywhere is a pinch of salt on the tongue.

And I agree with what others have written: If you are experiencing nausea a lot, then paying attention to your dietary choices and maybe seeking out a health professional can be important. The cause behind the nausea can sometimes lead to worse things.

working