jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some tips to encourage your child to go to bed early to prevent sleepin

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

What are some tips to encourage your child to go to bed early to prevent sleepiness in school?

2. parwatisingari profile image60
    parwatisingariposted 5 years ago

If you came to my clinic, this is what I would say.
    1. dinner at least 2hrs before bed.
    2. A bath about an hour before bed.
    3.No Television after bath.
    4.soft Lullaby either sung or at least played
    5. Either read to the child, or read with the child.
    6.If your kid is over 8yrs, ask him/her to sit down and complete his/her homework it works like a miracle sedative.

3. Aryak profile image60
    Aryakposted 5 years ago

I agree with most of parwatisingari. However, what works for one does not work for all. My daughter has ALWAYS been a night owl! We tried the bath which did help some. I have lavender body wash to help. We do read, mostly her now that she can read. Before, I read to her.
    She STILL could not go to sleep on her own. I addressed the issue with her and asked her what SHE thought we could try to help her go to sleep. We now read to eachother a bit less than before. We talk till she falls asleep. It really doesn't take very long either and it is a wonderful way to be in touch with her. It was difficult at first because she had a hard time thinking what to talk about. Now, she has improved her memory by remembering things that happened through the day she wants to share with me. She has greatly improved her communication skills.

4. heraldolexime profile image60
    heraldoleximeposted 5 years ago

It depends greatly on how your household training for bed time were arrange for your children at the time you made it back from the Hospital with a new born. Habit of the parents are often copied by the child. However, Doctors will most like recommends that you start setting up times in the evening that your child should be in bed even if you are working nights and a babysitter is taking care of your children. http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sleep/sleep.html#
    I don't believe that it is as much as an encouragement as much that of what activities a kid is involved in and what time dinners and snacks take place in your household. Habits that you form for your kid is probably most effective for a long following of that rule, verses the brownie point given for sleepiness. Here below is a Website that might shed a greater light on the subject. I raised 3 out six and we had specific times that although my wife and I were up, the kids were in bed sleep.

5. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

set a certain bedtime and stick to it.