What do you do for chafing skin?

1. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

What do you do for chafing skin?

Since I have gained weight, I have noticed that my inner thighs rub against each other when I walk.  I have been exercising and trying to eat healthier to lose the weight. However, since the weather has gotten warmer, my legs have started chafing. This is so painful.  I have tried lotions, to creams  and also tried using antibacterial ointments and Vaseline.  Nothing seems to be helping.  Does anyone have a solution or a couple of solutions? I have had to walk around in a towel in the apartment because wearing pants/shorts/undies makes it worse.

2. melissaschulz profile image60
    melissaschulzposted 5 years ago

I am also an overweight female, I have to use powder under my belly otherwise it get chafed all the time. I like to use gold bond medicated body powder. Another tip that will sound kind of crazy. Using dandruff shampoo on the body part that get chaffed can be very helpful.

3. profile image81
    Nutrition Guyposted 5 years ago

I don't know where you live, but one product I've found useful that's available in the UK is called Allergenics Cream. Based on things like rose oil and evening primrose oil, it's quite good for inflamed skin and eczema. No, I don't sell it!

Perhaps you could wear something loose-fitting like harem pants, culottes or even a sarong?

working