jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you were armed only with a stick.. how could you best use it to beat fleas?

1. Pearldiver profile image79
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

If you were armed only with a stick.. how could you best use it to beat fleas?

Assuming Fleas are an issue of course... let's be creative huh?

2. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 5 years ago

by far the most "interesting" question i've seen posed here in a while,...

hang on a second,.... there we are,.... i had to regain my composure after picturing a crazy samuri fight between a man and his fleas with only a stick to swat them,... beating himself severely about the head neck and ears,,.. trying to whack his fleas,...

ok,... i'm better now,... where were we?,... oh yea,... how to defeat fleas with just a stick,...

as a child i remember being told by the old farts on the sidewalk on main street  that they would watch a fox or a very smart old dog wade slowly out into the creek with a stick in his mouth,...

he would inch out into the water,... slowly,.... inch by inch,... slowly,...

until after a great deal of time he was nearly submerged,...

then at the last moment,... he would intentionaly sink under the water and then release the stick,....

the stick would float away,... and the dog would emerge from the water soaking wet,... but with fewer fleas.

the old farts claimed the fleas all had migrated up the animals body with the rising water until they had no choice but to hop on the stick,...

the dog or fox would wade out slowly, inch by inch, so that the fleas would have time to move up the legs, across the back, around the ears,... 

the men in denim chore coats and worn hats would wrigle all over and grimace up thier faces as they described the agony that the animal endured as the fleas bit and ran from the rising water,....

and finaly,when all of the fleas were on the stick and nothing but the dogs nose was seen above water,... the dog would turn them loose to float away down stream on the stick he had forced them onto.

do i know if this is true?.... no,....

but it was a wonderful story to hear from the old men in bibbed overalls when i sat on the curb on main street,... and as i get older,... its a wonderfull story to tell,...

thanks for letting me tell it.

3. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 5 years ago

Get naked by a river / beach / stream / pool. Put the stick between your teeth and back slowly into said water. Slowly enough for the fleas to move away as the water encroaches. When they've all moved as far as your head, ease your face underwater, allowing the fleas to 'jump ship' onto the stick.

Let the stick go, and float your fleas away.

Don't ask me about the fleas that are still in your clothes. I just got this idea from a fox. They don't have to worry about details like that... smile

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I'd probably use the stick as a baton and start try-outs right away, with the hopes of forming the first campaign against blood-sucking-lifestyle. Not only would I train my flea chorus to be a world-class act, but I'd actually teach them how to become vegans!

5. Naomi Jayne profile image60
    Naomi Jayneposted 5 years ago

Well, I'd have to jump into the river, ocean, bath, lake or something, submerse myself....

the flea will leave soon enough

ahhh the ocean!

6. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

Hello, Pearldiver,

This is a very deep question. In fact, it is one the deepest questions I have ever seen on HubPages.

That said, if I were only armed with stick, the first thing I would do is put it down and use my hands to brush as many of the fleas as I could off my body.

In addition, I would use my fingernails to scratch the itchiness that results from their bites.

And I would retrieve the stick and use it to scratch the itchy flea bites on the areas of my back that I cannot reach with my hands and fingers.

7. leenamartha profile image39
    leenamarthaposted 5 years ago

They've all moved as far as your head, ease your face underwater, allowing the fleas to 'jump ship' onto the stick.

working