jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way to get fleas out of a house once and for all?

1. Jonathan V Trotha profile image60
    Jonathan V Trothaposted 2 years ago

What is the best way to get fleas out of a house once and for all?

I have a yard, medium sized house and multiple animals.  It is a challenge I constantly struggle with.

2. erorantes profile image53
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

You can go to Home Depo. The store has many pesticides that you can choose for your fumigation. Liquid is better because you mix the pesticide with water. You follow  the instructios on the bottle.  You need to buy a big bottle with the spray hose attached to the big plastic empty bottle. You need to buy two different kind of pesticides because there are different kinds of bugs for the indoors and outdoors. You ask at the Home Depo sales person to help you find the correct because you have pets. Sometimes, it is better to pay an expert to fumigate.

3. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12444455_f260.jpg

I have tried everything! But there are two things that seem to work best. Advantage flea treatment for dogs or cats and glue traps. The glue traps work for spiders, scorpions, roaches and all manner of crawling bugs. But most especially for fleas! I have attached a photo and the flea trap night light is available from Amazon.com
    It includes a night light and a round, refillable glue pad. In just a few days, you will find hundreds of fleas have jumped into the trap!

1. erorantes profile image53
      erorantesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for letting us know about the glue bugs trap. It is a nightmare with the bugs. They multiple fast too. Our house was fumigated a few days ago. I took the dogs to the park while my roommate was spraying the pesticide. I clean the floor with

2. Austinstar profile image87
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We have had a huge breakout of fleas this Spring! We are also adding Demon WP to spray the carpet and yard with. My traps are catching fleas like crazy, but the eggs are hatching too quickly to keep up! More traps needed!!!

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

get rid of the pets first. Then get the pest people to get rid of the fleas

5. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

We once had seven cats, and since it's always warm in Hawaii, the flea problem was awful.  I solved it by putting powdered Brewer's Yeast in the cats' milk.

working