jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have recommendations on how to make one's lungs healthier?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Do you have recommendations on how to make one's lungs healthier?

What can you do to restore health to your lungs after smoking for many years?

2. Lwelch profile image92
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

I recommend trying some yoga breathing exercises.  There are a lot of these that you can do that will help to increase lung capacity and help you to practice breathing fully.  You can also download ios or android apps that will train you to pace your breathing.

3. pramodgokhale profile image45
    pramodgokhaleposted 5 years ago

If anyone born tough and maintain his/her health within design limits then need not worry of Lungs.One should leave smoking habits and Alcohol consumption.
    First make sure that by regulating and controlling, health disorder can be contained then go for physical exercise such as Yoga ,jogging.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

The lungs regenerate themselves so that after a period of years, the lungs of a smoker will be nearly the same as a non-smoker. The best way to build lung capacity is through some sort of aerobic exercise such as walking or swimming. Not all lung disease is reversible, but you can optimize your lung capacity with regular, mild aerobic exercise. Check with your physician before embarking on any new exercise program.

5. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Betanyo breathing it works for asthma as well as athletes,  I have a hub on breathing. Just about any kind of yoga or Pilates breathing will increase lung capacity as well.

6. urmilashukla23 profile image78
    urmilashukla23posted 5 years ago

I have lung condition and do yoga breathing exercise daily.  Anulom-Vilom and Kapalbhati are the best one to increase lung capacity.