jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you keep the stomach bug from spreading to other members in your househol

1. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 5 years ago

How do you keep the stomach bug from spreading to other members in your household?

2. Louisiana Jobs profile image60
    Louisiana Jobsposted 5 years ago

In our household its simple....we rely on two things....lysol and prayers....I hate stomach bugs.....seriously though lysol everything, have everyone wash their hands frequently and try to separate the sick from the healthy....thats all you can do.

3. Mercia Collins profile image70
    Mercia Collinsposted 5 years ago

The person with the bug should not prepare food.

Thorough regular hand washing by everyone and disinfecting everything that the infected person may have touched, including door handles, banisters, telephones, etc should prevent the infection spreading.

4. adjkp25 profile image92
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

We make everyone wash their hands constantly especially before eating.  We also wipe common surfaces down to reduce the risk of sickening everyone else.

We try to keep the sick person from using the TV remote or the water cooler because of the germs they are carrying with them.

My wife will also use these things that have little candles below them but you can put liquids above them to slowly burn off.  She comes up with some kind of cocktail using a few different essential oils to help clean the air.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Stomach or GI bugs are not only surfaces, they are air-borne or spread by particulates. When a person vomits in the company of another, that person is likely to get sick within 2-3 days. In our household, we see a bout of gastro-enteritis about once every 4-5 years.  I hate to admit it, but I don latex gloves to remove soiled bedding which I put immediately into a hot water and chlorine bleach wash. I wear gloves to wipe counter tops, sinks, handles, and lastly toilets with bleached soaked rags before adding to the same wash. I quarantine the patient to the sick room and make the kitchen and eating areas off-limits. This is abut 65% effective.  Aren't you glad you don't live with me? haha