How have pets improved the quality of your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

How have pets improved the quality of your life?

There are many inspiring stories about pets and their human companions (see the recent video of the soldier coming home to his dog for a perfect example).  It seems that many people share a special bond with their pets that can only be described as extraordinary. It has been said that animals bring joy and a positive atmosphere to people's lives. So feel free to share your story with everyone!

2. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Pets and Animal Companions are often thought of as spiritual gifts. They offer so much, and really ask very little from us, especially as time goes on. Though do they really improve our quality of life? They certainly can, and here are some of the... read more

3. jaybird22 profile image68
    jaybird22posted 6 years ago

I am an avid dog lover.  I have had dogs my whole life growing up, mostly German Shepards. 

To me, I think pets provide happiness and joy into our human lives. There is something to be said about having a rough day at work and coming home to an animal that is so excited to see you.  No matter what kind of day you have, animals are always happy to see you.

Joy and happiness, from an animal, will lift our spirits when we are down.  I think this is important for our psychological health. 

I take my dog running, hiking, walking, and to the park with me.  There is a bond between us like no other.  Although he cannot communicate in words, he can with his body actions and demeanor. We have fun together and whenever I take him to family gathering's he stays right by my side. He is loyal to me because he knows who feeds him, cares for him and takes care of him.  Doing things outdoors with him motivates me to stay in shape.  At the same time it keeps him in shape. This is good for both of our physical health.

Whenever someone comes to the house, my dog barks to alert me that I have a visitor or something is out of the ordinary.  This is great because dogs have a keen sense of smell and hearing unlike any human.  I wouldn't even question what he would do if someone was trying to hurt me.  The protection he provides is uncanny.  I would do anything for him if something was trying to hurt him as well.

If you have never owned an animal before, you will not know what I am talking about.  There is a bond and love between human owners and domestic animals that is indescribably unless you have had the wonderful blessing of being able to provide a great home to a dog or cat before.

4. kjrzeek1 profile image69
    kjrzeek1posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6409520_f260.jpg

The saying that dogs are "Man's Best Friend" is totally the way I feel. I grew up with dogs in my life and that experience has made me the person I am today!  I feel that animals, especially dogs really make you appreciate friendship and loyalty.  Now matter how bad my day was when I walk in the door and see how excited my dogs are to see me makes it better.  I recently had to put down 2 dogs over the last 3 years and it was terrible.  I still have a Chihuahua that sleeps in my bed every night.  He is my special friend and a huge part of the family, he even eats dinner with the family!

5. RandomLife profile image60
    RandomLifeposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6409534_f260.jpg

My dog has changed my life in many ways. She gives unconditional love and during times of depression she really helps me to want to get up and do more because she needs me to take care of her. Her name is Coco and she's been a huge blessing in my life. My Dr has deemed her a service animal and has given me documentation so I can take her with me to places where service animals are permitted. I have had social anxiety my entire life and after getting a dog it helped me to have her company and affection. I don't have children and have decided not to have them so my dog also helps to fill that void of caring and nurturing. I went through a lot of health problems after I got diagnosed with thyroid disease and gained a whopping 75 lbs! Talk about adding to social anxiety, it really gets bad when you go from a tiny person of 5'1 at 103 lbs to 178! While I was really sick my dog would check on me if I was sleeping and could tell when I wasn't feeling well. After 2 yrs of research, my boyfriend and I found alternative medicine for my thyroid and I've lost 62 lbs of the weight at this point. I'm able to take Coco for more walks and care for her more than before. My boyfriend had to take over for a while. I can't imagine my life without her. I can't express how much she has meant to me through the entire process. I'm so glad I adopted her from an abusive owner and in return to giving her a better life she has been a blessing to mine that is beyond any words that I could say.

6. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

Pets I've had over the years have meant the world to me. They always gave nothing but love and honesty. When they passed on, they taught me valuable life lessons in how to grieve with that. My cat I have now is my best bud, playful and all.  I've always loved animals, very much. I'd say they've improved my life tremendously.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)