jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you have tips on how to have a good night sleep?

1. jhunpaler profile image73
    jhunpalerposted 5 years ago

Do you have tips on how to have a good night sleep?

2. nunorega profile image56
    nunoregaposted 5 years ago

don't thing anything...concent to sleep...and enjoy

3. Rhonda_M profile image85
    Rhonda_Mposted 5 years ago

*Try to have a wind down ritual. For example, half an hour before you go to sleep, shut off TV, have a cup of herbal tea, and try to do something that is pleasant and relaxing and not stressful, even a light meditation to clear your mind. Play some soft music.

*Try to go to bed at the same time every night

*Consider using Valerian root (natural sleeping aid)

*Having a regular exercise routine helps, and you'll feel more naturally tired at the end of the day

4. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

IF you are "spending" the night with that someone special....  Be sure to say "I love you..." the last thing before turning in, AND first thing upon waking in the morning.... You'll never regret doing so....

5. Vegas Elias profile image26
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Some of my friends say that having a glass of chilled mild with sugar added can actually put you to sleep. Sometimes it has worked for me but most of the time it hasn't . You can try it for yourself.

I have another idea. Before going to sleep do everything you intended to do in this day. The feeling of unfinished tasks tends to keep us awake. It is better to keep awake for some time and finish all our tasks.

Another good way of feeling at ease and getting good sleep is try to be as good as possible to as many people as possible during the day. Try this. This is bound to work.

6. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

I have researched about the best ways to get better sleep.  Here is what I found ...
    http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … p-Insomnia

7. albatros333 profile image60
    albatros333posted 5 years ago

Unwind after a long day with a glass of good red wine.  Take a warm shower and call it a day.  Tomorrow is going to be new fresh day --carpe diem!

8. maggieju profile image61
    maggiejuposted 5 years ago

Take a warm shower or bath before go to bed.
    Do head and foot massage.
    Read books.
    Switch off the light and TV.
    Drink some milk.
    These all depend on individuals. Do what is right for you.

9. My Nurse Says profile image64
    My Nurse Saysposted 5 years ago

The age-old tip kind of works well with me. A nice warm milk and a hot shower is a wonderful comforting remedy to a possibility sleepless nights. I also noticed that when I have lazed-around for almost the entire day (meaning I haven't done anything that needed the extra effort of my body), I will definitely end up staring at the ceiling and waiting for the sleepiness to come. So what I did to remedy this is to work my ass off through exercising during the late afternoon. Whether it's jogging, brisk walking, Zumba or other aerobic routine, sure enough I will be very tired and exhausted and thus help me get that much needed beauty sleep.