jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

For A good night sleep

1. debfrench profile image61
    debfrenchposted 4 years ago

For A good night sleep

What is the best thing to help me sleep all night and get about 8 or 9 hrs of good sleep

2. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

The best person to answer that question is you. Nobody knows you and your body better than you. You know if your stressed, have anxiety, or the reason behind your inability to sleep. If you don't know why you cant sleep, I'd recommend a sleep aid or consulting a health care professional.

3. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 4 years ago

Try some relaxation exercises like deep breathing. Meditation helps too. There are lots of other ways too like drinking warm milk or reading before you go to bed. Avoid any strenuous exercise or stressful situations before bed too.

4. Neha Sadana profile image86
    Neha Sadanaposted 4 years ago

You should drink warm milk before you go to bed and do wash your feet before sleeping. This will surely help you to get sound sleep!! Good luck..

1. debfrench profile image61
      debfrenchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'll have to try that.Thanks for the help

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

If you are having a really hard time sleeping, I would suggest you contact your physician.

6. profile image0
    Delila1posted 4 years ago

Warm milk indeed with a few almonds is known to help. Herbal tea like cammomile or valeria can also help. Sleep in a serene environment with little clutter. Sleep in materials of natural fibre. Assure that you open the windows of your bedroom for fresh air during the day, if not a little at night. Avoid eating anything just before going to sleep. Exercise, even if light during the day. Pray or read a book. Try aroma oils. Eat healthy during the day time.

7. hulah cagen profile image60
    hulah cagenposted 4 years ago

Watching TV (especially news) before bed and having a TV where you sleep is not a good idea. The same applies for intense computer work. A few stretches at the end of the day does wonders. I also use some recorded healing sounds as a lullaby.