Do you know of any multivitamins that should be avoided?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago

Do you know of any multivitamins that should be avoided?

Once when I was a teenager, I took a multivitamin that I thought gave me a head ache.  I couldn't believe it, so I tested it.  Sure enough, there seemed to be a cause and effect.  My conclusion was that my body must not like something in that particular vitamin, maybe a chemical or something? 

Have you ever had any negative responses to multivitamins?

2. sarahdc profile image58
    sarahdcposted 6 years ago

Generally speaking, it's always better to get your nutrients naturally as opposed to taking supplements.  Eat a balanced diet (complete with a healthy dose of vegetables & fruits) and live a healthy lifestyle and there should be no need for you to take vitamin supplements. 

Also, here's an article that I came across recently which you may find helpful:
    http://health.yahoo.net/articles/health … n-hurt-you

I think the only exception to take vitamin supplements is when it's doctor-perscribed. For example, if you live in a place that doesn't get much sun, the doctor may prescribe the correct dosage of vitamin D supplements that you need to take.

3. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

There are quiet a few interaction problems between supplements that I know of.
    Do not combine blood thinners such as coumadin, warfarin, with omegas, or vitamin E, ibuprofen may also be a problem, as they are all blood thinners. Do not combine grape fruit with any medication, as it has been shown to increase the effectiveness of prescription, and over the counter medications. Do not take an antibiotic with a probiotic. Do not take a prescription antibiotic with garlic, oil of oregano, or olive leaf as they are also an antibiotic. Do not take ibuprofen with levaquin, avelox, or cipro as there have been reports of interaction. It is always best to let your pharmacist know of all over the counter drugs, vitamins, supplements, and herbal remedies that you are currently taking. The data base he enters your information into, has the right, and most updated information on all drugs.

working