What is best time of the day to take vitamin supplements?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 12 years ago

What is best time of the day to take vitamin supplements?

I've heard that it is best to take them after dinner, what do you think?

2. ameljor22 profile image59
    ameljor22posted 12 years ago

It doesn't matter what time you take them.  Check the label as most of them need to be taken with food. 

I usually take mine in the morning with my breakfast, and if I forget I wil take them with my evening meal.

3. goddess888 profile image36
    goddess888posted 12 years ago

Most of the vitamins are advised to be taken after a meal. It is not advisable to take supplements when you have an empty stomach because they will simply pass out in your urine which is true for water soluble vitamins such as vitamin B and C.

The fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) can stay in the body for 24 hours and are sometimes stored in the liver for an extended period.

4. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

I usually take mine before going to sleep, I guess it gives my body some time to digest and put it good use for 8 hrs before its time for the no 1 and 2 again.

5. profile image58
    Ovan451posted 12 years ago

Any time ethnicity is taken into consideration, vitamin D levels had been lower in Chinese girls as compared to other individuals.

Vitamin D can be present generally within snacks just like fatty sea food, cod liver oil, egg yolks, animal meat and also mushrooms, and in fortified snacks such as dairy products, orange extract, fat free yogurt and cereal products. In a case where some of these snacks are definitely not suitable for you, one of the ideal purely natural sources of this particular nutrient is undoubtedly exposure to sun's rays : a half hour each day, couple of times a week with no suncream.

The professionals hypothesize that vitamin D degrees will probably be greater around the summer months, since you can get significantly more hours of sunshine and also everyone is outdoors a lot more regularly.

http://www.vitaminddeficiencysymptomsguide.com/

6. poojamehta profile image61
    poojamehtaposted 12 years ago

Vitamins are generally present in the food we eat. Its just that you gotta take a proper diet at a right time.

7. HealthGuru1248 profile image66
    HealthGuru1248posted 12 years ago

This really depends on the vitamin being taken.  Some supplements need to be taken with food, others between meals.  Some vitamins should not be taken together because they can interfere with the others absorption, such as iron and calcium.  Some vitamins are best to take in the morning, like B vitamins because they can give you energy. Others, like magnesium, help you sleep so it is best to take them at night. You should also avoid taking supplementation with most medications. Visiting a nutritionist can help you decide what is best for your individual needs.

8. evictorino profile image41
    evictorinoposted 12 years ago

I usually take it in the morning after my breakfast that will help me sustain my energy the whole day

9. AppsHub profile image40
    AppsHubposted 12 years ago

After breakfast, just before you start to write your hubs:)

10. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 12 years ago

No, it's not advisable to take vitamin supplements after dinner,The best time to take any supplements is after breakfast.

11. profile image50
    roopkangposted 12 years ago

I think morning is the time to take vitamin supplements.

12. registerdomains profile image60
    registerdomainsposted 12 years ago

The best time is after breakfast. Body absorbs most in that time. Its the food you give to your body after  a long interval.

Taking after dinner is not a good idea because our digestive system is slow in sleep.

13. moiragallaga profile image77
    moiragallagaposted 12 years ago

Best time is usually after meals as vitamin supplements are absorbed better after you have eaten something. The answer of HealthGuru1248 is quite informative because it also depends on what type of supplements you're taking.

14. smile51everyday profile image60
    smile51everydayposted 12 years ago

it's better to take it in the morning after breakfast. it could help to get energy. (Breakfast is the most important one among the three meals because we need energy at the beginning of one day.Vitamin should be taken at that time.)

15. venki_indiain profile image66
    venki_indiainposted 12 years ago

I prefer to take it after breakfast. Since it will start to work in the morning itself as we need more energy in the morning, hope it will help.

16. skywebuk profile image59
    skywebukposted 12 years ago

When I tried some I just took them whenever I remembered lol but I soon stopped taking them as I don't think they made a difference. I always have too much energy though...don't understand how because I eat really bad food and nothing healthy.

Just my personal opinion though but I see no benefit in taking them.

17. Slices of Life profile image69
    Slices of Lifeposted 12 years ago

Like a lot of people have already said. The best time is taken after a meal preferrably breakfast and not dinner. The reason is breakfast is the first meal and the vitamins will help keep you active throughout the day whereas doing it after dinner can make you stay awake all night.

18. Kyle Rivers profile image60
    Kyle Riversposted 12 years ago

Depends on what you're taking. I know most vitamin supplements implore that you take them twice a day. Usually with a meal. It enables your body to absorb all the proper nutrients, and for digestive purposes.

19. Freegoldman profile image39
    Freegoldmanposted 12 years ago

Many vitamins are best ingested with food, so taking them at meal time is advised. It's easy to remember to take vitamins with meals, since you are eating and drinking at that time, anyway.

Fat-soluble vitamins need fat in order to be absorbed, so they should always be taken with meals that contain fat. Fat-soluble vitamins include vitamins A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K.

Vitamin C lasts only a few hours in the bloodstream. It should be repeated every three hours for best results, or the entire dose should be divided up to take a third with each meal.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/026670_vitam … z1SoAGNxrG

20. basementideas profile image60
    basementideasposted 12 years ago

Take Vitamin C everyday. Probably this is the most important vitamins of all to have.

21. nabeelplus profile image61
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

i think best time is to take in breakfast...as u start your day its give more energy

22. ktealorlando profile image60
    ktealorlandoposted 12 years ago

It can depend on many different factors such as your daily activities, what types of vitamins, your bathroom cycle, your sleeping cycle, how many times a day you eat and more.

But- if you are just asking in general- morning-to afternoon is usually the best time to take vitamins and with a meal or a full glass of water.

If you have any questions regarding what types of vitamins you should be taking let me know!

23. profile image49
    tomasrobert12posted 12 years ago

It is recommended to start working with additional vitamins and minerals along with d vitamin. The effectiveness of d vitamin grows in the event it interacts with other supplements. It is also not recommended to use only one supplements but to make use of multivitamins. When you take only one vitamin there's a risk of vitamin toxicity and vitamin deficiency in different vitamins and that's why you ought to benefit from multivitamins.
    Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.vitaminddeficiencyonline.com/

24. unknown spy profile image43
    unknown spyposted 11 years ago

Oh no! I've read that taking vitamin supplements, (on a pill form) is not recommended unless you have illness. Vitamins in pill form increase your chance to be sick. Here's one of my hubs, maybe you could read some natural way to get vitamins to your body:

http://unknownspy.hubpages.com/hub/Vita … atural-Way

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)