What exercises to do to reduce back fat?

1. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

What exercises to do to reduce back fat?

I know you can do situps to firm your tummy, but what about when you're wanting to firm up your back?

2. jaybird22 profile image68
    jaybird22posted 5 years ago

Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction.  This means that you cannot be fat and say, I want to have a six pack, and then start cranking out crunches for an hour a day, seven days a week.

In the above example, it would be good to sculpt your abs, but what good is it if you cannot see the results because there is a layer of fat covering them?  The same goes for your back.  Whereas I can recommend some exercises, you need to also be following a balanced diet and doing cardio exercises.

Prone Cobras and bent over dumbbell rows are two of my favorite back exercises. These can also be done with minimal equipment and at the convenience of your own living space.

3. kjrzeek1 profile image69
    kjrzeek1posted 5 years ago

Well, Jaybird22 hit the nail on the head with his answer.  Essentially you cannot do an exercise and expect to lose fat in that area.  Losing overall fat is the best way to sculpt your body.  Are you currently exercising and watching what you eat?  If you are looking for the best back exercise there is it has to be pull ups.  Pull ups will get your back strong and in shape.  If you can't do pull ups, there are many modifications that you can do to simulate the movement and still get great results.  Doing lat pull downs with exercise bands, and even using a chair to help you with the pull ups will still work on your back.  Good Luck!