jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the early signs of depression?

1. Zakmoonbeam profile image94
    Zakmoonbeamposted 5 years ago

What are the early signs of depression?

Living with depression is a daily struggle for many people, but for those living with, or in a relationship with someone who may be depressed what are the early signs and symptoms that may help them alleviate the suffering of their partner?

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Loss of appetite or overeating, irritability, loss of interest in activities in which the person was previously interested, changes in sleep habits...

3. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

If you feel that your partner is suffering from depression encourage them to see their doctor and ask them to be honest with them about what is going on with them.  It took me years to finally verbalize my concerns and answer my doctors questions honestly.  I was properly diagnosed and placed on the right medication.  It's has made a big difference in my life.  I wish you luck.

4. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Asking about it on Hubpages:) or answering questions like this:)

5. Lyrickkw profile image70
    Lyrickkwposted 5 years ago

When you are in a relationship with someone who suffers from depression it is always helpful to be a good listener. You want to help them help themselves by staying positive and to direct their attention towards positive things. The first sign of depression are unhappiness in work or home environments, withdrawn from favorite events and most of all sudden change in behavior. One key fact is you as the partner can not change other people behaviors! Sometime being in a stressful relationship can really do it's toll on you as a partner. The person has to accept that he or she may have a problem and may have to seek outside help. If the depression continues then you as a partner have to evaluate whether or not you can deal with the changes in your partner's depression. Most of all make sure you don't became depressed yourself when dealing with their issues!

working