jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you consider cheating?

1. Jennuhlee profile image62
    Jennuhleeposted 6 years ago

What do you consider cheating?

2. ubanichijioke profile image76
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Cheating involves all act that goes contrary to the rules governing a marriage. Eg flirting, promiscuity, lies intended to decieve a mate, kissing, hugging another person other than your partner and a whole lot of them. That's my definition.

3. perfumenpromises profile image58
    perfumenpromisesposted 6 years ago

having a great time at the mall, eating a 'romantic' dinner, enjoying yummy ice cream, and seeing an amazing movie with someone other than your boyfriend.

4. selfdefenselesson profile image58
    selfdefenselessonposted 6 years ago

For me it's cheating if your loved one, get's physical with another person or lies to you about him, then goes behind your back and have secret rendevouz.

I guess if her mind is made up to cheat, then that is cheating.

5. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

If you are investing time in keeping 'secret' relationship with someone other than your partner, or are romantically of phyisically involved with someone other than your partner.

6. LeeLeePortCity profile image61
    LeeLeePortCityposted 6 years ago

Over stepping emotional and physical boudaries. It is healthy to have friends male and female. It is ok to have fun , common interests, and share laughs. If and when there are unclean thoughts of lust, and touching gone too far it becomes cheating. Personally even before the first kiss it is cheating if your heart has wandered.

7. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Cheating like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For me personally cheating is usually connected with lying either directly or by omission. It's any act that disrespects the relationship which could include flirting, using sexual innuendo, secretly spending time with another knowing full well your mate would not approve of it, kissing, holding hands, and naturally having sex of any kind. This would also include "cyber sex" via webcam with someone your mate has never met in the flesh.

There is also a such thing as "emotional cheating" where one pours their soul out to another spilling details of hopes, dreams, and wishes they have never shared with their "significant other". This type of act forges the type of intimacy that should be reserved for your mate.

One of the best things a couple can do is have an open and honest conversation about what constitutes cheating (early on) their relationship. This will give each other an idea of whether or not they are on the same page. Having different expectations of each other can lead heartbreak.

8. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago