jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the best cure for sunburn?

1. DowntroddenInDC profile image82
    DowntroddenInDCposted 5 years ago

What's the best cure for sunburn?

2. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

Try putting black tea (like tea from a Lipton tea bag) on parts affected by the burn. Seems that the tannin in tea draws some heat out.

3. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

Aloe vera gel is one of the most popular natural choices to help treat sunburn. I've had some horrible ones before and when I used the gel it did the trick. It has soothing properties and the vitamins and minerals heal the skin quicker compared to not using it. Aim for an aloe gel that is as pure as possible. Get the clear kind not the green, clear is its natural color, they use artificial dyes to make it green.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 5 years ago

I second aloe vera -- I have extremely sensitive skin that burns exceptionally easy, and have had a number of second-degree sunburns throughout my life. Aloe does an excellent job of cooling the burn, and reduces the appearance of the burn within 24 hours. If I put aloe on directly after any inadvertent excessive sun exposure (i.e. I forgot to re-apply sunscreen on time) then I don't blister either. Get the pure gel, which means avoid most of what is normally offered in grocery stores and the like -- they may add dyes, menthol, alcohol, etc. that can irritate the skin and prolong healing times.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Aloe vera!  It soothes the pain and vitamin E will help it heal!