jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What's the best treatment for hot oil burns (on face)?

1. hubsy profile image81
    hubsyposted 4 years ago

What's the best treatment for hot oil burns (on face)?

I burned my self severely when flipping an omelet and the burns are painful and I don't want them to scar. Any suggestions?
    I'm currently using Aloe Vera, Mederma, and Neosporin.

2. daughterson profile image88
    daughtersonposted 4 years ago

Honey -- especially raw honey.   Honey has long been used to heal burns.

3. Gabriel Wilson profile image94
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 4 years ago

I use arnica cream for everything and the results are very good. Bruises, cuts, scrapes and bites even sunburn heal quite quickly. It contains Aloe Vera too. I don't know if it will help with the oil burns but it's worth a try seeing as it works well healing skin.
    Lavender oil is also very good, I use this alot too. And honey has natural healing ingredients and is also very soothing. Another one is full fat butter; I always dap butter on a burn and scald and I do get relief. If the burns are really that bad though perhaps you should see a doctor or check out a professional forum.
    Whatever you do, don't scratch and maybe take a pain killer to help ease the discomfort. Oh! I just had another idea; what about an Aloe Vera face mask or make one from turmeric, I know turmeric is full of healing ingredients. Make a paste with the spice and a little water and gently place over the burns and leave for as long as you can.
    I sincerely hope you feel better soon and that you don't have scars.

4. bodybalance101 profile image63
    bodybalance101posted 4 years ago

Aloe Vera is the best thing you can put on burns but you have to make sure it is pure and not diluted.  It will accelerate tissue healing and put a protective film on your burn so foreign invadors can't get to it and pass through the damaged skin.  www.miracle-plant-aloe-vera.com

5. normarulez profile image60
    normarulezposted 4 years ago

I will recommend avoid exposure with sun , putting make up ,face astringents and tonics for a while Also  I have seen creams for burns in Walgreen's is better use and specialized cream brings better benefits.

6. IslandBites profile image87
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

Potato peel! It keeps moisture and has antibacterial properties.

7. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

I have aloe vera plants growing in my kitchen. I immediately wash the burn in cold water, cut a piece of aloe vera and apply the gel to the burn. I have had scars disappear with it when the scars were many years old. I have never had a burn scar when I use it. Often, it will not even blister. The pure from the plant is better than the gel that they sell, it doesn't have the fragrances in it.

8. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 4 years ago

I know someone who burned their face with a hot iron...was very painful. The doctor recommended to clean very gently with hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball, pat dry, put on Bacitracin ointment (its in Neosporin, or can be bought by itself) with a Q-tip or cotton, not with fingers, then put vitamin E oil over it. Keep a sterile gauze over it (secure with first aid tape) to keep germs out, for about 2 weeks, until all the scab is gone. Keep putting vitamin E oil on it for several weeks or months until the darkened marking can't be seen. It worked!  There is no scar or mark left to be seen. This happened many years ago. During the doctor visit, he did say some of the burns were 3rd degree. For the pain, take a pain pill, such as Ibuprofen (Motrin), or Tylenol.

9. aspiring soul profile image64
    aspiring soulposted 12 months ago

Try using aloe vera gel on your face sseveral times a day.  It will give cooling effect, plus will heal you and wont let any burn marks on the skin.

working