jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can I reduce my back pain?

1. rockrweasle profile image68
    rockrweasleposted 5 years ago

How can I reduce my back pain?

I work at a day care which involves a lot of bending over, heavy lifting, and sitting on the floor. I'm already prone to back pain, but after only a few days at work, my back is in a great deal of pain. Any suggestions for relieving and preventing this pain?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

My husband gets help by using a back brace. These can be purchased at most discount stores or drug stores for around $18.00 and your just wrap them around your back. They come with fasteners to keep them in place. They give the back more support.

He has been wearing these all winter and now is doing so much better that he does without and doesn't complain at all.

3. Adamowen profile image81
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Try foam rolling, massages, light exercise, and light weight training especially exercises to strengthen to spinal erectors! Try laying flat on the floor for a few minutes per day to take the pressure off of your back. You could also try Yoga too.

4. profile image49
    michelegoldsteinposted 5 years ago

Daily stretching, an inversion table and perfecting my sleep system cured me.

5. profile image58
    Clementine8posted 5 years ago

Im also a teacher and starting back at work always is a killer for the back. But it makes you conscious of it. Be very aware of how you are lifting. Make sure you never pick children up and twist at the same time. Always bend your legs when picking children up. If children are older, dont pick them up at all...If they want a hug, sit down and let them sit on your knee. Ask for steps to nappy change tables ( lifting a child up and leaning forward to put them onto the mat put huge strain on your back, then all children who can walk (toddlers) can climb up with your help. If children are heavy put the change mat onto the floor and change them there. Your back needs to last you a long time..protect it! I also do yoga to strengthen my back, exercise with weights and take supplements