jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do animals dream?

1. Myn Is Me profile image71
    Myn Is Meposted 5 years ago

Do animals dream?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6488818_f260.jpg

2. KellyPittman profile image81
    KellyPittmanposted 5 years ago

smile  Just out of observation of my own pets while they sleep I would say, that yes, they do dream.  It's quite humorous to watch a dog run and whine and growl in their sleep.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

By watching my dog, then, yes, they must.  She kicks her legs, growls and makes funny noises.  It is quite funny!

4. Several Ninjas profile image80
    Several Ninjasposted 5 years ago

Dogs and cats certainly do so. Dogs sometimes bark and growl in their sleep, and, like cats, twitch their noses and paws. Evidently they are dreaming of a chase or fight. So one may conclude that other animals dream as well.

5. cperuzzi profile image97
    cperuzziposted 5 years ago

Yes. Especially dogs.

You can usually tell when their paws twitch - that's usually the sign of a good dream and you shouldn't wake them.

6. Just About It profile image69
    Just About Itposted 5 years ago

Yes Yes Yes! I have a dog that moves her legs like she is running and running. She seems out of breath after a few minutes. I know she is chasing rabbits.

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Yes. When I was young, I had a pet dog. I noticed that when he sleeps, he would whinned or growled in his sleep. His nose twitched and legs kicked too. Guess that some other dogs were chasing after him!

1. Myn Is Me profile image71
      Myn Is Meposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Or maybe he was chasing a car!

working